Here are some of the key areas a broker can help you with:
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for moving goods across the border
- What specific rules and regulations apply to certain goods
- Correctly classifying goods and the risks of making mistakes
- The benefits of free trade agreements
- Arranging transport of goods
- Duties and taxes
- Clearing goods through customs
It is important to remember that although a broker is here to help you, the responsibility is yours.
The more you know the better prepared you will be!